Newburgh Community Trust
Your Questions Answered
What Is The Community Trust?
Newburgh Community Trust is a registered charity organisation and a company limited by guarantee. Membership is drawn mainly from the parishes of Newburgh and Abdie but members from further afield are welcome. The members are represented by seven trustees.
The Trust's status allows it to gain access to funding for community land purchase and to a variety of other funding sources not necessarily available to other local groups.
Joining The Trust
There are three grades of membership:
- Ordinary Member - open to individuals who must 18 or over, resident in the KY14 6** area and entitled to vote in local elections in that area. Cost £10.
- Associate Member - open to individuals 18 or over, not resident in KY14 6**. Cost £5.
- Junior Member - open to individuals aged 12 to 17. Cost £1.
Fees go towards supporting Trust projects and are one-off single payments.
Use the 'Contact Us' page to obtain an application form.
What Are Our Main Aims And Objectives?
The Trust's main aim is to work alongside other community groups and agencies to protect and improve Newburgh for the good of the townsfolk, both present and future. Our more detailed objectives are:
- To maintain and enhance community spirit
- To protect and improve the environment
- To take advantage of the history of the town
- To improve community facilities and services for all age groups
- To assist businesses to thrive
- To improve sustainable transport links